The One Ring
Google Voice Integration for Maemo
So you might be using Dialcentral and be thinking "the chat system is horrible and I want to use my system's contacts. Why can't it be integrated with my phone software like Skype?
You are in luck. The One Ring is a way for you to integrate That One Number to Rule Them All.
The One Ring let's you setup an account with the system similar to Google Talk, SIP, or Skype. You can then use the same chat interface you use with GoogleTalk as you use to Text through GoogleVoice. You also can initiate callbacks using the dialpad.
Status: Pre Alpha
- Support for GV Contacts w/ names (ti, ht, e)
- Support for System contacts (ti, ht)
- Setting of presence: Available, Away (check for messages less often), and Do Not Disturb (disables in-bound phone calls) (ht, e)
- Sending a text (ti, ht, e)
- Receiving a text (ht, e)
- Making a phone call (ti, ht)
- ti = telepathy-inspector (hand testing through a UI)
- ht = programmatic hand-tests
- e = empathy
- m4 = Maemo 4.1
- m5 = Maemo 5
- Validate system contacts and the dialpad work
- Improve the server polling heuristics to reduce battery drain while keeping average latency for seeing a message low
- Support for Empathy (Ubuntu client)
- Support for Maemo 5 client
- Support for Maemo 4.1 client