Time Workshop (or just Timeshop) is a stopwatch/alarm timer utility. It includes a widget library that will become a base for a time planning and tracking application. At this time the library isn't intended for third-party developers, bacause interfaces change from version to version. Timeshop uses Qt library and it can run on a number of platforms. Author has tested it on
- 64-bit MS Windows Vista (32-bit version of Qt & program with MS Visual Studio 2008)
- Ubuntu Linux 9.10 32 and 64-bit versions
- MS Windows Mobile 6 Professional - very slow, just start takes about 20 seconds
- And of course Nokia N900 with Maemo 5
Current version 0.2.1 is waiting for testers in extras-testing.
Next version will be 0.3.0. Release is planned for March 24 and it will have some useful features:
- Preset buttons: some or all settings can be saved to quick buttons and used by a single click (or tap).
- Marks list shows saved stopwatch times and time elapsed from the previous mark with editable comment.
- All settings and layout can be loaded from an XML file. This feature will be considered "undocumented" in 0.3.x and only supplied files are guaranteed to work without errors. You can tune your timer but don't ask me how to do it. I think there will be a layout editor sometime.
Project's garage page is here.
Git repository is on Gitorious.
If you can read Russian look at project's page at author's site.
You can install the latest version from the author's repository.